June 8, 2020 —COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Preparedness
Memo dated June 3, 2020
Please be advised that there are no known cases of COVID-19 on the Kendal at Lexington campus.
An emergency “NO VISITOR” Policy remains in affect.
A Screening Check-point has been established near the road entrance of the community.
The Campus is also closed to non-resident or essential personnel who use the property for walking and exercise.
- We have made the difficult decision to close the campus to visitors at this time. Older adults are the most vulnerable to infection. This precautionary measure will help keep our residents and staff healthy.
- We thank you for your continued understanding. For questions or concerns, please contact (540) 463-1910.
- These restrictions are effective immediately and until further notice.
A Stay Home/Stay Safe Practice Has Also Been Initiated
- Residential independent living residents are asked to restrict non-essential trips off campus, avoid community spaces, keep physical distance from others and wear face coverings.
- Residents of the Borden Health Center and Webster Assisted Living will remain in their residences.
Other precautionary measures being taken by Kendal at Lexington include, but are not limited to:
- Daily screening of all staff, essential personnel and residents.
- Additional cleaning cycles and sanitation availability.
- Front door delivered meals for residential independent living as of Friday, 3/20/20.
- Enhanced infectious disease precautions for the Borden Health Center and Webster Assisted Living.
- No Communal dining in Borden and Webster. No salon services.
- All staff to wear face coverings.
- Independent living residents to wear face coverings when outside their residence or essential services being performed in their home.
- Group activities cancelled. Gathering areas closed.
- Closely monitoring and following all government reporting polices
- Emergency staff leave policy in place.
- Enhanced virtual and digital communications for residents to talk with family and friends.