Skilled Nursing Care and Long-Term Care at Kendal at Lexington
Kendal at Lexington provides a higher level of long-term care and skilled nursing care in the Benjamin Borden Health Center. We base care on a person-centered approach. That means we learn about and build on each individual’s personal history, preferences and experiences.
The Borden Health Center serves Kendal at Lexington residents who have a Resident Care Agreement, as well as people from the greater community who have Medicaid or Medicare coverage, or privately pay.
Borden Health Center Services
- Nurses on site 24 hours per day with a high nurse-to-resident ratio
- Medical Director, AMDA certified, with an office on-site
- Memory support activities
- In room medications
- Scheduling of health care appointments and coordination of transportation to doctors’ appointments
- Coordination of Medicare-eligible home health care services at discharge
- On-site visits from laboratory technicians, audiologists podiatrists, and psychiatrists
- On-site rehabilitation center staffed by physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech/language therapists
- Therapy gym equipped with bicycles, NuStep, free weights, and specialized equipment
- Life Enrichment Program that includes regular outings
- Warm water pool for aquatic therapy
Borden Health Center
Homelike environment with living rooms, dining rooms, and private sitting rooms where residents and family can gather.
- 20 private rooms
- 20 semiprivate rooms with privacy dividers
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
- Flat-screen TV, telephone, and Internet service
- Basic in-room furnishings, with resident’s personal touches encouraged
- Personal laundry services available
Schedule a Tour
Contact us to schedule a tour of Kendal Lexington or to request a brochure.
Residents enjoy active independent living with the promise of future care.