Residential Independent Living at Kendal at Lexington
Kendal at Lexington residents are truly engaged. They are involved in planning their own lives and connecting to the campus and the larger community around them. From well-designed studio apartments to two-bedroom with den cottages—and everything in between—residents have a wide range of choices to help them find the place that they can call home.
Homes range from 550 to more than 2,000 square feet. All have full-sized kitchens and laundry appliances, and either a balcony, patio or sunroom. And all have access to convenient parking, including some carports and many free-standing cottages with garages.
What’s New at Kendal at Lexington:
- Added 30 new free-standing cottages,
- Expanded and remodeled our superb dining room & added a café option,
- Expanded outpatient physical therapy services,
- Expanded and remodeled our Assisted Living Center,
- Expanded and remodeled our CARF-accredited Long-Term Health Care Center.
- Celebrated our 20th anniversary as the preeminent lifecare community in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley!
Rare Opportunity: Though Kendal at Lexington is known for having a long waitlist with 100% occupancy for many years, we currently have some unique opportunities to move directly into one of a few apartments and cottages ready now.
Safe and Secure: Kendal at Lexington is located in a beautiful, open, rural small town with very low COVID-19 numbers. As a community, we have successfully taken all precautions to protect our residents and employees from coronavirus.
Learn how you can reserve today and move in as soon as this month by calling 540-458-3790. Extended payment timelines and design incentives are also available.
Join the Priority Waitlist
We maintain a Priority Waitlist for prospective residents. Joining the list allows Kendal to keep you informed when the residence you desire is available within the timeline you are looking for. This could be one year or even planning 10 years ahead.
Membership also provides an opportunity to become engaged with the community, through invitations to events and other benefits.
Floor Plans & Amenities
Kendal at Lexington offers more than 20 floor plans, from studio apartments to two-bedroom cottages. Many have sunrooms and garages.
Included in the Monthly Fee
- Flexible meal plan
- 24-hour emergency response
- Biweekly housekeeping, with heavy housekeeping twice per year
- Maintenance of individual residences, common areas & grounds
- Scheduled local transportation
- Trash & recycling pickup
- Wellness programs, fitness center with indoor pool, gym, studio & nature trails
- On-site clinic
- Library, art studio, wood shop, model train room & Kendal Hall auditorium
- Social, recreational, educational, cultural & spiritual activities
- Individual thermostats & high-speed Internet access in each residence
- Patio or balcony, full-sized kitchen appliances, washer and dryer & attached garages in Sycamore Lane cottages
- Utilities and taxes, including basic cable service & real estate tax, excluding telephone and internet service
Additional Cost May Apply
- Covered parking for apartments
- Additional meals & catering services
- Dry cleaning pickup & delivery
- Cottages with basements & walkouts
- Transportation to out-of-town medical appointments
- Transportation to outside events
- Guest accommodations
- Hair salon & massage services
View Our Gallery
Discover Lexington residents living their best life.
Schedule a Tour
Contact us to schedule a tour of Kendal at Lexington.